Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where's Ailene? In the Opera House!

Tonight I was blessed to have the opportunity to see a ballet IN the Opera House!! I was so excited. First off, I love ballet. Second, I love Sydney. Third, who am I kidding?! I'm still a tourist.

One of my housemates' parents are visiting and treated me to the show, which was really nice- we were in the 2nd main hall, all the way at the back, but were able to see everything on stage. It was more of a modern ballet ("The Silver Rose") but still very enjoyable :)

At one point, during intermission, we went out to a balcony where you could look out into the harbour and see the bridge smack-dab in front of you- while looking at the immense beauty that architecture can create, I think to myself, "...where is the Opera House? It's usually right across...oooooh"- the penny finally drops. DUH. I'm IN the Opera House! How sick is that?! hahahahahaha

This year was a blessing. I'm going to milk my last couple of weeks to the fullest.

2 comments:

Mom said...

A wonderful night, to be sure. (Where's the Opera House - hahaha!)

Go for it, Ailene!

Manda said...

WWWOOOWWW! You actually went to an opera in the most famous opera house in the world!!! That is so surreal and amazing... This is something a lot of people (including me)only see on a postcard and wish they could be there let alone see a ballet there! How exciting must it have been!

I wish I could be there!

Much Love,
Manda (: