Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Blessing of A Year

To put it in the simplest of terms, this year has been a true blessing, a gift, something that will probably never happen again. Each time I reflect back on how the year has been and the things I've experienced....I can't help but start to cry. To be able to do the things I've don, and meet the people I've met, and learn what I have learned...nothing can replace that, and I truly do see the tests that I have had as a gift, because without them, I wouldn't have been able to grow, and I wouldn't have learned to fully rely on the spiritual (God). Believe me when I said some tests were testing my patience with God and with life- some tests I thought would never end; but with patience, prayer, detachment and inner joy, I was able to over come that- it's one of my proudest learning.

My test now is to be content with the path I'm about to trod, to be detached from my emotions of sadness, and to learn to have that faith and trust that everything will be ok and that opportunities will arise, doors will open, and my life will continue to unfold as it should.

Did I tell you about my "go hard or go home" plan? Basically, my roommate and I have been living by that motto the last couple of weeks. Anything opportunity that comes out of the ordinary, we grab it and run full speed with it. My sense of "is this practical?" has completely gone out the door. Forget that! I'm living it up best I can!....

3 comments:

Manda said...

Practical?? Nonsense! hehe!!
It must be exhilarating to just go with the flow! Taking advantage of each opportunity as they come seems like you won't be missing out on anything (which is amazing!).

Going with the flow seems one of the qualities that I don't remember you having. You use to plan much of what you did. I'm glad you are getting oodles of practice at living living life as it unravels! hehe! In some ways it's more relaxing.

Much Love,
Manda (:

Manda said...

OOoo! By the way... your post is dated May 3rd, but it's still May 2nd here. HEHE!!

Mom said...

Sweet and powerful. You are so right....there is much to your blessed life yet to unfold. What delight!

Your accomplishments and all that you've become make me incredibly proud of you, Ailene. I can't wait to see what amazing things are yet in store for your life!!

I love you, oh, so much!