Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Countdown Has Begun...4 Days

...That's so weird to write.

You've gotta understand that in some ways I feel like I've just started my service here! I've been integrated into this community, I've built relationships with people, gotten involved in various activities...and I'm leaving?! Ughhhhh. Bitter sweet to the MAX.

I go through periods of just sobbing my little heart out, and periods of feeling very detached and content (or just no emotion)- it's not as extreme as it sounds, and I think I've been able to balance it better than I have been able to in the past. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I cannot predict what I will feel a certain day, and which emotions will decide to manifest themselves that day.

I had a goodbye party (so weird to have one for myself!)- It was at the beach on a nice warm, sunny day, and people just dropped in and out, and so I got to see many people before I leave. It was really nice. I had my junior youth group today- they took own initiative and planned a mini-going away for me. It was so sweet! Completed with poppers, lollies (candy), balloons and everything! I was/am so touched. I'm going to miss those radiant souls.

Will try to post another...post...before I leave. If not...See you on the other side of the world! PEACE! SEE YA!


2 comments:

Ian said...

:( :( :( :(

Sorry that you feel sad!

But think of it this way, you get to see people you havent seend in 10 months, live in your own room, and more!

Ill see you soon sis!

<3 you

Mom said...

I know you're sad to be leaving your home of heart and soul; I'm sad for you!

We, on this side of the world, though, look forward to welcoming you with open arms -- including family friends, the squirrels, the birds-that-don't-make-heart-stopping-calls and all the "regular" animals. Though we don't have koalas, wallabys, kookaburras and other exotic wildlife, maybe we can go to the zoo!?

Hugs and kisses....